Follow TSP on Facebook
Follow TSP on Twitter

Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Smarty Pick for a Diaper Bag


By Ashley H, Charlotte Smarty Pants

As a first time mom, the diaper bag was one of those baby items that I took some time in selecting. For me personally, it needed to be affordable, roomy (for twins), functional and stylishly simple so my husband could share in lugging the load with me (i.e. no adorable swirly-girlie polka dotted fabric). I settled on the Pottery Barn Kids Ultimate Diaper Bag and have no regrets!

I love the padded messenger bag style of my diaper bag, it allows me to handle the twins hands free or wear it just over one shoulder. Options, I love options. The two exterior pockets were great for the bottle days & are still fabulous for throwing in two sippy cups and getting out the door. This bag is made of rugged, wipe-clean polyester and has magnetic pocket closures for one-handed use. Inside it's roomy with lots of pockets and comes with a wipe-clean changing pad. It's a bag that Marcus or I could carry and we've been perfectly happy with it from day one. Now just two short years later they no longer carry it (that's PBK for you), but I think their new Camden bag is somewhat similar.

Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to a diaper bag. What features and options did you look for, and what's your overall Smarty diaper bag recommendation?!

Don't forget to register for our October Giveaway - a $250 package from Zoe Zen Photography. Click here to learn more about Zoe Zen and register.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I had a diaper bag buy Oi Oi. It was not cheap, but I really liked it. A few close friends went in on it for me and it was such a special gift. I used it through three kids.

Anonymous said...

I needed to be hands free with my daughter, not trying to hold a bag and her at the same time, so I opted to buy a Baby Bjorn backpack diaper bag and absolutely LOVE it. Its very functional, has insulated bottle areas and mesh pockets to hold whatever you need.

Post a Comment