Follow TSP on Facebook
Follow TSP on Twitter

Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

Got Multiples?







By Guest Blogger Jennifer Isaman, TCMOM's President

I will never forget the day my husband, my daughter and I went for an ultrasound to find out if we were having a boy or a girl. The Sonographer asked me (in a very calm voice), “How many babies did the doctor say you were having?” Well, being that we had a picture on our refrigerator from a prior ultrasound with just one baby, my answer was “one." I was still oblivious to the fact that she asked that question for a reason. The next words out of her mouth were a blur ... "Well, honey, there are two in there." What? How can that be? We don’t have any multiples in our families and that notion had never crossed my mind! My daughter looked at the Sonographer and asked if we were on Candid Camera. It was a day we will never forget.

The next couple days were a blur and we had sooooo many questions about the journey on which we were getting ready to embark. I had never known anyone with twins so, it was difficult to get answers to the many questions I had. Luckily, I found out that there was a group in town that could help.

The first night I went to a meeting with the Twin City Mother’s of Multiples (TCMOM’s) I realized that I was not the only person in the world having twins. I left that meeting feeling like I had found a place that could offer me the help I was searching for.

TCMOM’s meets the 4th Monday of every month in Winston-Salem. We have many members from all the surrounding areas. The Club has a variety of guest speakers and topics related to Multiples of all ages. We enjoy games, refreshments, and lots of “Mom to Mom” time. We even have a “Question Box” where Moms can write a question anonymously to be discussed with the group. Aside from the monthly meetings we also have Spring/Fall clothing sales, Ladies Night Out, family events/parties, and we are involved with several area charities.

TCMOM’s has gotten me through everything from dealing with preemies, to potty training, to how to survive financially. I have made some lifelong friendships and I feel like I have all the ammunition I need to tackle my crazy life with Twins! Happy 4th Birthday Boys!

For more information on Twin City Mother’s of Multiples go to: www.tcmoms.org

To find a Mothers of Multiples club in your area go to: www.ncmom.org

Today is THE the last day to sign up for the fabulous FREE family portrait session with Andrea Halsey Photography! This promotion ends at Noon today, and the winner will be announced on July 19. You must be a Triad Smarty Pants newsletter subscriber to enter. Just click here to register. Good luck!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I attend the TC Moms clothing sale each season and I have to tell everyone about the great bargains there! I am sure TSP will post the dates when it comes up, so make sure you plan to attend. It is well worth it.

Tracy said...

MOM's is a life-saver. If you have mulitples, this is a no-brainer. Make sure you join! It is well worth it.

Christian said...

I think the best thing I got out of being a member of my local MOMS group was IDEAS. I just remember being so mentally exhausted and wondering how to handle certain things. The women in my group always had the best ideas, whether it be how to organize something or how to rotate feeding schedules.

Kristie said...

Jennifer, great blog! I was an active member of the club for about 6 years before my daily life with our triplets got really crazy. TCMOM's is a wonderful group of women who have "been there, done that!" when it comes to raising multiples. I learned so much from my TCMOM's friends and it was nice to share stories each time we met. Jennifer is a great president! If you are expecting multiples or have multiples - check out a meeting sometime! The clothing/equipment sale twice a year is awesome!

Jenna said...

Great job Jennifer! You make us proud :)

Post a Comment