Follow TSP on Facebook
Follow TSP on Twitter

Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fun and Fabulous Shoes



By Guest Blogger Jen P, CSP

I have a confession to make. Shopping for children's shoes makes me really, really happy. I've had a thing for shoes my entire life and I have officially transferred that obsession to my children's shoes. So when Spring and Fall shoe shopping rolls around, I get an extra skip in my step! Last fall I discovered a new line of shoes in my world and have been hooked ever since. Check out www.vincentshoestore.us. I am particularly impressed with the numerous cool options in the boys shoes. Girls shoes are always cute, but boys shoes are tricky.

Vincent Shoes are fun, fashionable and functional kids shoes ranging in sizes from 6 months to 8 years. The Vincent brand offers a complete range of styles including pre-walker, indoor, outdoor, daily-wear, dress shoes and heavy-duty all weather and seasonal winter boots. I picked up my first pair of kick-booty Vincents in the fall and the boys are still wearing them every single day. The best part about Vincent shoes is that they are high quality, super cool styles and will last forever (think hand-me-downs, eBay and great consignment resale!). My twins' shoes look brand new and it's not from lack of use. So I checked out the new spring/summer line and picked out Oskar for the boys - LOVE the navy and brown flavors! I also could not resist the Hampus style for my six-year-old daughter - she thinks they are so groovy! Vincent shoes are less expensive than Stride Rite and they are not afraid to offer some serious deals to savvy shoppers.

Another fun and fabulous shoe line is Livie and Luca. A few summers ago, my boys wore the cutest little elephant shoes I have ever seen, or smelled! My super savvy sister, who is a true shoe diva, scoped these out at a fun Florida boutique. When they arrived in their precious polka dot bag, I could smell the fine leather before I opened the box. They were the softest and sweetest little boy shoes on the planet! Who said boys aren't fun to shop for? So Owen & Walker have donned their elephant shoes all summer and they ask for them by name.

Livie and Luca beautifully combines whimsical styles that kids will enjoy (and even ask for their elephant shoes by name) with affordable prices - $37.50 is not bad for a boutique line. Stride Rite is way more expensive than that. When you shop Livie and Luca, you'll find elephants, owls and even veggies. These are just too presh! Each shoe is crafted by hand and the artisans leave their mark under the straps - so each shoe is as unique as the child who wears them.

Here’s the final kicker, though. From what we can determine, there are no stores in the Triad that carry the Vincent Shoes line, and the closest store to carry Livie and Luca is Pout Couture in Cornelius, NC. So, as Smarty Moms maybe we can influence our favorite shoe stores in the Triad to pick up these super cute shoe lines. If you order online, be sure to mention Triad Smarty Pants in the comments section so they know where you came from. Every little bit helps us get our name our there, and maybe they’ll recognize the demand in the Triad!

If you’ve bought from these lines before, let us know what you think!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Just visited both of these websites. Definitely going to purchase a Livie and Luca pair for my daughter. Now the difficult question is which pair? They are all adorable. Glad to hear they hold up well, too.

Emily said...

I ordered a pair of Vincent shoes for my son last year and was extremely happy with them. They were great quality and looked too cute. I agree that we need to encourage one of our local boutiques to carry these brands!

Chris B said...

Jen - Thanks for your kind words about Vincent - our stylish-yet-practical kicks for cool kids. We'd love to be represented in the Triad! If you have any suggestions, please email me at cberg@vincentshoestore.us, and please recommend us to your favorite Triad kids' shoe stores and children's boutiques as well.

Thanks,
Chris B
Vincent Shoes
Raleigh, NC

Anonymous said...

I love the look of these shoes. I'm tired of the bland options out there and these offer a variety of styles and Euro class. Awesome find!

Post a Comment