Follow TSP on Facebook
Follow TSP on Twitter

Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Smarty Sponsor: Lyndhurst Gynecologic Associates




By Rachel H

I am thrilled to write about a practice today that I am very passionate about. Upon moving to Winston-Salem, I did quite a bit of research when trying to find the best fit for me with an OB/Gyn clinic. After visiting a few different offices, I decided to go with Lyndhurst Gynecologic Associates. This practice began in 1970 when two physicians, Eugene Linton and Donald Whitener, envisioned a private obstetrics and gynecology practice that would foster physician collaboration to provide superior OB/Gyn care. The practice has delivered over 40,000 babies in the past 39 years. They have locations in Winston-Salem, Kernersville, and Mount Airy.

I did not have any children when I first started going to Lyndhurst, but I felt very at home with the care they gave me during routine appointments. After a few years my husband and I decided we wanted to start a family and I spoke to my primary doctor, Dr. Harold Pollard, about our wish to get started. I liked the fact that he talked to me like I was the first person who had ever made the decision to start trying for a baby! He was so informative and answered all my questions thoroughly, although I am sure he had answered them thousands of times in the past.

When we did get pregnant, I was so excited each and every time I had an appointment. Lyndhurst is a fairly large practice, and the doctors there never made me feel like I was just one of many women coming through the clinic. I never felt rushed during a visit or felt that my questions or concerns did not matter. Again, I was made to feel like I was the first mom to ever puke daily while pregnant, and the first mom who ever had back pain or sleepless nights. The doctors worked with me to find solutions to all of the problems I experienced, no matter how many visits it took to do so. I trusted them completely and always took what they said to heart.

We also took our Lamaze classes right there at the clinic and were able to form friendships with many of the other couples in group. We were able to keep each other updated in our progress and chat as we saw each other during appointments. These friendships have lasted through today and our children are now friends as well.

Dr. Pollard delivered both of my children, and he did it with the best care and concern I could have asked for. I remember my mom coming into the delivery room and hugging him, telling him thank you for all he did. I don’t need to tell anyone reading this that childbirth is scary. We can do all the reading and research we want, but every delivery is different and there is no way to prepare for what might ensue. Having my first child was such an unknown world to me, but having doctors I trusted made a world of difference.

Many of the physicians at Lyndhurst have trained through the residency program at Wake Forest University, and it seems that for many, they enjoyed the feel of this area so much that they decided to stay! Lyndhurst physicians continue to serve as OB/Gyn clinical faculty for Wake Forest University-Baptist Medical Center. This is a bonus for many moms because we get the best of both worlds by having personalized private-setting care and up-to-date clinical knowledge as well.

Lyndhurst is able to provide care and information in different areas of OB/Gyn due to the fact that there are nine physicians, two physician assistants and two nurse practioners. Lyndhurst physicians provide infertility services, pelvic reconstruction, advanced laparoscopic techniques, and urogynecologic surgery as well as obstetrics and gynecology.

The physicians at Lyndhurst are also involved in the community, and you will often see them participating in the March for Babies, Race for the Cure, and the Heartstrings Walk to Remember.

Each person has different criteria when it comes to searching for health care, but what I can tell you is that at Lyndhurst I found a friendly and extremely knowledgeable staff who made me feel comfortable and welcome in their facility. If you are looking for an OB/Gyn, make sure you check out their website at www.lyndhurstgyn.com or stop by one of their offices. I cannot say enough positive things about this practice and the doctors I have seen over the past eight years.

The incredible practice members at Lyndhurst include Dr. Bradley Jacobs, Dr. Jacqueline Mims, Dr, Harold Pollard, Dr. Melvin Seid, Dr. Scott A. Washburn, Dr. W. Michael Lindel, Dr. R. Lamar Parker, Dr. Stacee Reynolds, Dr. Lawrence Walker, Deborah Zimmerman PA-C, Stacey M. Smith PA-C, Lauri Cox FNP-C, and Jill Young FNP-C.

Pictured above: Dr. Jacqueline Mims


Main office
2927 Lyndhurst Avenue
336-765-9350

Kernersville
445 Pineview Drive, Suite 110
336-993-4532

Mt. Airy
933 Old Rockford Street
336-789-9076

Maplewood Center
3015 Maplewood Avenue, Suite 205
336-765-9350

WHAP Bone Density Center
3015 Maplewood Avenue,
Suite 202

336-768-1730

Urogynecology Center
3001 Maplewood Avenue

14 comments:

Jayna P. said...

I too feel the same way as you do about Lyndhurst. Dr. Reynolds delivered my fist child at and it could not have been a better experience. She herself had had a child and knew exactly what I was going through. Now that our family has moved to High Point, I use the practice High Point OBGYN (which Dr. Reynolds recommended to me). It just so happens that one of her former colleagues (Dr. Mattern) delivered our second child!

patti said...

This was fate! We are new to the area and I just told my husband that I need to get in to a Gyn to schedule my yearly exam (ugh). I am glad to hear so many positive things about this practice. We are in Kernersville so the office there would be perfect for me. I am assuming it is the same doctors who rotate to all three offices?

BlueStormBeezus09 said...

I LOVE Lyndurst!! My experience there was beyond wonderful with both my pregnancies. Their staff goes above and beyond. Dr.Mims delivered our first daughter, and Dr. Reynolds delivered our second daughter and both were amazing. I actually would have been happy with ANY of Lyndhurst's physicians. Through the course of both my pregnancies, I met every doctor there and was so pleased. We also did our Lamaze classes there (the first time) and they were great! So much so, my husband was sad we didn't take Lamaze again the second time around!! Overall, it is in my opinion, the best OB practice in Winston.

Elizabeth B. said...

I wholeheartedly agreee with Rachel and her comments. A friend recommended Lyndhurst and Dr. Pollard when I first moved to the area eleven years ago. I have been so extremely pleased with my OB/GYN experiences. Dr. Pollard is my primary doctor but I was lucky enough to have Dr. Jacobs deliver both of my children. You feel as if you are part of one "Big Family" when you attend Lyndhurst. The doctors, nurses and staff have always shown the greatest care, concern and respect to me and my family.

Kelly G. said...

When I had my first child I had seen almost every doctor at Lyndhurst—except for Dr, Lindel. He was the doctor on call when I went into labor. When I had to have a last-minute C-section, he made me feel like everything would be OK and it was! It just so happened that he was on call for my second baby—not a C-section—and he did a fabulous job then, as well. My experience with the other physicians there has been very positive and I have recommended several new patients who have all also been very satisfied customers.

Jennifer said...

I love Lyndhurst! I too have been a patient there since I moved to WS in 2000, based on the recommendation of a work colleague. I started out with Dr. Mims as my primary dr., and when we had difficulty conceiving our first child, we started seeing Dr. Parker & Cathy - they were wonderful through that entire emotional process, and we have our beautiful 2 yo daughter now that Dr. Parker delivered. We were surprised to learn that we were pregnant again on our own, and Dr. Reynolds recently (May 17th) delivered our 2nd child, a boy. I would wholeheartedly recommend this practice! They are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Lyndhurst is amazing-- I agree! Dr Seid delivered our 1st son and Dr Pollard, our second-- both doctors were great. Dr Pollard is my primary doctor and has worked with me through some issues since my pregnancies. He and Nurse Amanda are wonderful! Amanda has even gone to bat for me with our insurance company! I do not know of any other practice with that kind of dedication. Dr Pollard knows that sometimes you just need a hug and a little assurance. As is typical during your pregnancy, I have seen all of the Lyndhurst doctors and have no complaints!

Erin @ Suburban Bitches said...

I have had a great experience with Lyndhurst as well. We became pregnant in 2008 with twins and Lyndhurst soon became a second home for us. We rotated through a few doctors at the beginning appointments but towards the end of the pregnancy stuck with Dr. Reynolds. We just really felt comfortable with her and she was supportive of our birthing plans. I was scheduled to be induced on a day when Dr. Reynolds would be at the hospital to ensure that she was present for the birth but when my babies decided to come early, our well-laid out plans were deterred. But then, when it came time to deliver, here comes Dr. Reynolds walking in the door. She was off that weekend but got a call that I was in labor and she came in to deliver my twins. I cannot say enough about how much it meant to me to have her there for the delivery. I think this is just one of many stories which speak to the quality and compassion of the doctors practicing at Lyndhurst.

BlueStormBeezus09 said...

In response to e_hatzis, I also had Dr. Reynolds go out of her way to deliver our second daughter. Although I felt comfortable with all the physicians at Lyndhurst, I had been seeing her the most towards the end of my pregnancy. Another Dr. was on call when I was admitted. When she heard I was in labor, she offered to take over the shift of the other physician on call so she could be the one to deliver our baby. I think this speaks volumes. Once again, I highly recommend them.

Melanie said...

I have nothing but good things to say about the care I recieved at Lyndhurst and Assoc. My husband was a resident at Wake Forest at the time and we both were extremely plesed with the professionalism, friendliness, and medical care we experienced the through OB visits and then for the delivering of both our boys.

I don't live in Winston- Salem anymore but I wish I did so I could continue to get my periodic medical care at Lyndhurst.

Just a side note... I meet Racheal and her husband through the Lamaze classes there and our kids are still friends.

CHEERS to live long friends Rachel and great write up on Lyndhurst.

Anonymous said...

I have twins and am a patient at Lydhurst and love it there. I think the dr's are great and they are more prompt with sticking to actual appt. times than most offices. I love my doctor, Dr. Stacee Reynolds. She is great, efficient, etc... Anytime I can be in and out for a pap and no painful pinch, you've got me for a lifetime patient!!

Lori said...

Lyndhurst is absolutely fantastic. They have been with me through fertility treatments, the birth of our son, a miscarriage and most recently through the loss of our son at 6 months of pregnancy due to a cord accident. They could not be more concerned, caring and professional. During the loss of our son, Drs Pollard, Lindel and Parker were constantly at our side and grieved with us. And I feel like Kathy Poole and Dr Parker are part of the family by now. I think I have now seen every dr there and do not have one single complaint about any...I tell anyone who will listen how fantastic they are.

E.B. said...

I agree with how great the doctors are at this practice. They truly do make you feel like family.

Anonymous said...

I also love Lyndhurst. Dr. Mims delivered my first child and Dr. Lindel delivered my second. I went through several miscarriages and Dr. Mims was there the whole time to help me through, however when it came time to induce she set me up on a day that she would be on call. She went off call at 5:00 pm and I had my baby at 6:00pm. I was distraught and I thought that she would have at least checked on me. Now I think that maybe I should have chosen a different ob who would have wanted to be there for me.

Post a Comment