Follow TSP on Facebook
Follow TSP on Twitter

Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Rachel’s Random Show and Tell




By Rachel H

When I try to come up with blog ideas, I always have so many random things that I want to share! (like this, or this) So today I took my latest sporadic list of ideas and put them all into one blog I am calling this my “show and tell.” These are just things that I like and thought other moms should know about!

My first show and tell is the one, the only … Airborne! I don’t know how I made it through life without it. I am telling you all – this stuff is incredible! When you start feeling like you might have a cold coming on, drop one of these bad boys into a glass of water, let it do its thing, and drink. Then about four hours later you do it again. I keep taking this for a day or so until the sickness that was supposed to come never comes. Moms, we can’t afford to be sick, and this is the way to sidestep any colds that come our way. There have been many evenings when my throat has started getting sore, body started to ache and I just KNEW I’d be out of commission the next day lying in bed with a cold. But, I drank my Airborne and woke up the next day feeling like a million bucks. I am no doctor, so I have no idea of long term affects from this stuff or whether or not it is good for the environment of your body. All I know is that it works! AND you can also buy it in generic brands at places like Walgreens.

Psssssst – that’s the name of my next show and tell! When one of my girlfriends first told me about this greasy hair remedy I thought, “Ew gross! If your hair is that greasy, just wash it!” But I have actually seen its benefits on mornings when I am headed to the Y, but of course do not want to wash my hair before I work out. My hair is not the kind that can be washed once every three days like some of you lucky ducks and it starts looking greasy fairly quickly. So, on those mornings where I am headed to the Y, but the hair is looking a little on the greasy side, I spray this Psssssst on it and viola – looks all pretty and new. You can find this at most drugstores.

I have a book for show and tell today, too. There are very few books that you remember for months and years after you read them, but this is one that really touched my heart and soul. Same Kind of Different As Me was incredible. I laughed out loud a few times and also had tears streaming down my face as I read in bed one night. This is the kind of book that makes you want to be a better person. I won’t give too much away, but you can read more about it here.

I haven’t had a child in a carseat carrier for over four years, so maybe I am just totally out of the loop, but when I saw these, I thought “ingenious”!!!!!!!! It is called the Padalily, and is a carseat handle pad that keeps your poor arms and hands from hurting while toting around your bundle of joy. They are so stylish, too! You can check them out on the website here. They are also sold all over the Triad in boutique shops like Hip Chics, Gazoodles, Polliwogs, Splurges, and Taji Baby. I think this is a fabulous baby shower gift idea as well!

I had to include these sweet, sweet gift ideas in my blog today. I have always loved to buy tea towels as gifts, and when I saw these I just fell in love! I saw them at Francesca’s. (There is one in Greensboro and one in Winston-Salem. You can read more about it on my Best Kept Secrets blog.) The first one (shown at the top of the blog) I spotted and told my friend how much I loved it. She snuck back in the store to buy it for me and surprised me with it at Christmas. The second one I thought would be a perfect Mothers’ Day gift for my mom, but I just couldn’t wait that long so I gave it to her for Valentine’s Day! They have a bunch of other cute towels as well, but these two were my favorites.

Last, but not least, I have to share my favorite video of 2009. Yes, I know it is 2010, but I thought this song was so fun and it never made it as big as I had hoped! I know you have all heard it, and now I wanted to show the fun little video that goes along with it. The longer you watch it, the more it makes you smile. The group is All Rebel Rockers, and the song is “Say Hey” or as some people call it “I love you.” This is one of those feel good songs that the whole family will love. We had many dance parties to this song over the past year. You can watch it on youtube here. Go download it today and give yourself a good dose of dance party fun!

Show and Tell is over for Rachel now, but if anyone else has some show and tell today, please comment below and tell us about your great finds!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

what a fun video and song! made my morning. :-D

Charlotte Smarty Pants said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlotte Smarty Pants said...

oops, caught me skimming, sorry about the deleted comment! duhh, I see that Psst is available at most drugstores!

Unknown said...

Great ideas today! I will need to stop by Francesca's! I passed it but never went in.

angela said...

great ideas, rachel! i swear by airborne, too! good to know about these other products. i loved, loved, loved same kind of different as me. another one that i loved is eat, pray, love!

J.F. said...

So happy to hear about the psssst stuff! I'll be stopping by Walgreens to look for it this weekend!

Kristie said...

Love all of the show and tell items! Especially Francesca's and the "Hey" song - one of my favs. I have never heard of Pssssst but I bet that the drugstores will sell out of it after your post!!

Anonymous said...

About to have my third child but it has been 5 years... lots of good tips ... going to be ordering one of those car seat carrier cushions for sure !

Post a Comment