Follow TSP on Facebook
Follow TSP on Twitter

Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

Smarty Review of the Snoogle


By Rachel H

If you are a mom who slept all night long through your pregnancy, you are in the minority. Most pregnant women do not sleep well for a number of reasons including back pain, needing to use the bathroom, and the fact that it is very uncomfortable to sleep with a big belly in the way! I remember going to the beach when I was about seven months pregnant, digging a nice big hole in the sand, and rejoicing in the fact that I could fit my belly in there and take a nap on my stomach!

During my first pregnancy I felt like I never slept well. I tossed and turned because I could not get comfortable and I had a lot of back pain. I was always waking up to use the bathroom, and I was still nauseous quite a bit. I tried sleeping with a pillow between my legs because I heard that would help, but it never seemed to do much good.

During my second pregnancy, my sweet friend, Michelle, asked if I had ever used a Snoogle pillow. She told me all about it and swore it would help me sleep better. I was skeptical, but took her offer to borrow her pillow. Let me tell you … it was INCREDIBLE! I slept so well. I could not believe the difference this thing made! I slept longer and more comfortably. My back pain was much less than it had been. I loved crawling into bed at night and assuming the Snoogle position! I was actually sad after I had my baby because it was time to return the Snoogle to Michelle!

As you can tell from the picture above, the Snoogle is fairly large, so husbands are not too keen on this big old pillow being in the bed, although a pregnant mom getting a good night’s sleep in return is worth its weight in gold! The pillow goes between your knees for temperature control, behind your back for support, and then wraps around under your head. You can also choose to use it in front to get more support for your tummy. It also has a removable and washable cover. Once your baby arrives, you can also use it to help support the baby during feedings like you would with a Boppy.

The one pictured above is made by Leachco and is most similar to the one I used. They can be found at Babies ’R Us, Burlington Coat Factory, and Wal-Mart. If you are expecting, I cannot stress enough how wonderful this would be to have during your pregnancy. The manufacturer’s website is http://leachco.stores.yahoo.net/snoogle.html.

If you have used anything similar, or used the Snoogle yourself, share your testimonies below!

Don't forget to register for a FREE 1/2 day slot at one of Sawtooth's summer art camps! You must first be a Triad Smarty Pants newsletter subscriber, and then you can click here to register. For more information on this give-away, visit our post about Sawtooth's summer camps. Last day to register for this give-away is Friday, June 12, and the winner will be announced on Sunday, June 14. Good luck Smarties!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so envious of the women who used something like this! How did I not know about this? Next pregnancy I will be asking for one of these!
Amy

Anonymous said...

I loved my Snoogle!! Being pregnant with twins, I had a huge stomach and terrible back pains. This pillow actually supported both my back and stomach. I loved it so much I tried to find a way to take it on an airplane with me for a trip. Unfortunately, it is a bit big to travel on a plane with.

andrea c said...

Great tip! I will definitely have to purchase one of these since I am expecting and now starting to show! I am sure the sleepless nights will be just around the corner.

Janet said...

These are the best! I loved mine. Great review for all the expectant mommies.

Anonymous said...

I had this pillow and it rocks! It helped me through 2 pregnancies and now we use it to help keep my son in his "big boy bed".

Post a Comment